I saw this potato side dish recipe on Everyday Italian the other day and thought it looked good. The recipe calls for baby new potatoes but I didn't have any on hand so I just used red potatoes.
I thought it was a nice change from the usual creamy, fat-infested potato salad. It is light, fresh and nutty. I hope you'll give it a try.
by Giada De Laurentiis
* 16 baby new potatoes, halved ( I used 5 medium red potatoes)
* 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock ( I had to use like 8 cups)
* 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, plus 2 teaspoons
* 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
* 1 teaspoon lemon zest
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
Place the potatoes, chicken stock, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Drain the potatoes ( I cut mine in 8ths) and place in a serving bowl. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil. (I just didn't have any left over so I drizzles a bunch all over the potatoes) Add the lemon zest and 3 tablespoons of the basil. Toss well and garnish with the remaining chopped basil.